Pages

Saturday, 17 July 2010

Smoke And Mirrors

Smoke And Mirrors. By Neil Gaiman. Well, that is the book I am currently reading. Thanks to AM who gave it to me, uhm, halfheartedly? Hehe. I kinda forced him to. Indirectly. Or something. Because there was someone whom you can call a middle man, you see. I was just about to borrow it, but anyway. He got a special mention here at least.

Smoke And Mirrors. I figured that would be a nice title for this entry considering the fact that my life consists of some smoke that blurs my vision and all the ways I view the things that make up my life right now. It blocks and distorts how I perceive things, making me hold on to wrong decisions and act stupid.

And mirrors. Because when we were watching The Sorcerer’s Apprentice yesterday, I realized that mirrors play a huge role in magic. Hehe. Despite the fact, I’m just kidding. So aside from that, it is actually because during my one week escapade in Baguio, I seriously observed some friends that mirror some, if not most, experiences I had in the past. Similar experiences that are being reminded to me once again... All the hurt I felt, tears I cried, all the laughter, and some sorts of sorrow. They are now reflected through other people’s eyes. A friend. A stranger. Whoever. The feelings that were already forgotten started seeping out. Been there, done that. Ouch. Nakarelate ba.

(To Be Continued)

No comments: