Pages

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Quagmire

Quagmire. That’s my word of the day, by the way.
-- A difficult or precarious situation; a predicament.

xxxx

“The limits of the universe of your mind and those of the universe of your self rarely coincide. The former has none; the latter defines you.” (Ramoya, 2007, from Live Journal)

I was browsing over my writing journals from the past when I bumped into the quotable quotes I had written down from one of my instructor’s blog site. I remember that during the time when I was reading it, I was so down and depressed and I could totally relate to what the whole blog was about. I even thought that we were so alike in almost every way. Kidding! No fway. Of course, she’s wiser than me, has more life experiences, and she is far more talented in so many ways that I could ever think of. She was my Philosophy teacher, btw.

What I remember most that time was that I realized that whenever someone breaks our hearts, we kinda go through almost the same phases, situations, thought patterns, feelings, etc. Point is, all heartbreaks, in whatever angle you look at it, are usually the same.

Ayoko na magElaborate. Di naman ako heartbroken ngayon. Hehe. I would have shared here the link to that blog site but I kinda lost it when I deactivated my Live Journal account due to personal reasons. Chos. I’ll try to look for it again, though. But I’m not sure if hers was still active. Anyway… It was also because of one of her posts that I decided to read Milan Kundera’s The Unbearable Lightness of Being. The book is super worth it to read. I started to love Milan Kundera because of that. Anyway…. You might wanna check the movie, too. Hehe.

I might share here some of Ms. Ramoya’s quotes, that are my favourite, next time. They just don’t fit me right now since I am so happy and so in love. Heehee.

xxxx

“Leaving or letting go is not, and never will be, my forte. I’ll hold on to anything as much as I can. Really.”

This time, that quote is from me… :P I saw it on one of my journal page dated May 03, 2010. I think it was supposed to be an opening sentence to a promising entry that didn’t ever happen. Oh, well…

Maybe next time.

xxxx

Saw this on one of the pages as well. The list is actually long pero ito na lang yung safe eh. Lol. So…

November 2009
Share lang. Medyo cool kasi. In a puzzling way. Hehe..

1. One night, I was thinking why this particular classmate of mine does not wear his blue Superman shirt anymore. It just popped into my mind. I remember thinking that he looked super good in it kasi. Anyway… The next morning, I bumped into him at school, and voila! He was wearing it. It was such a coincident or something.

2. November 24: Kanina I was reading the short story entitled “Chance Traveller” in Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by my favourite author Haruki Murakami. The book talks about coincidences, chance encounters, etc, and how these things affect our lives. It was said there that everything is revealed to us in such a fashion that really takes our attention in order for it to be recognized. Well, tonight I am reading Milan Kundera’s The Unbearable Lightness of Being and the second chapter exactly talks about chance, too! Yun na yun. Haha.

Neither one of these incidents was anything special. It wasn't like my life turned in a new direction. I was simply struck by the strange coincidences - that things like this do actually happen. (HM)

xxxx

Uhm. Di ko alam bakit eto title ng post. Haha. Awkward... ;)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I miss Tano.