Pages

Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Damn Palahniuk

Just few minutes ago, I decided to join Chuck Palahniuk’s website widely known as The Cult. I’ve been visiting this site since I started reading his works and became a fan but the reason why I just joined the site is still kinda vague… Nah. It’s actually because I didn’t know I could join the community. Haha! Yeah, that’s why.

The boyfriend told me the other day that Palahniuk has a new book but forgot what title. I was just browsing my Tumblr dashboard earlier and found it there, right in from of my eyes. So the book’s called Damned and I’ve read that it’s about an eleven-year-old girl who ended up in hell due to an MJ overdose. I want to read the book ‘cause it’s written by Chuck Palahniuk and I’m kinda interested how the story in hell will unfold.



But to be honest, I’m not sure if I’d like this upcoming book because the main character’s only 11. And I have a thing with age. Haha.

****

I’ve been reading Pygmy since May (?) and I haven’t finished it until now. Why? Well, it’s about a 13-year-old Chinese boy who went to United Sites as an exchange student to infiltrate American households and I just can’t relate to what he was doing. I’m not saying I felt some deep connection with the other Palahniuk main characters that I got to know, but I just like them more than I like Pygmy (not that we’re close). Heehee. For me, Pygmy is just not a page-turner. Plus the English is so barok so I’m having a hard time literally reading it. I swear I’ll finish that book, though.

****

Damned is set to be released on October 18 this year.

So Damned is about an eleven-year old girl who wakes up basically and finds that she is in hell and that she's dead, and that she's going to be eleven-years old and dead in hell for the rest of eternity. So she has to, number one, make friends and figure out how hell works and make the best of it. But she's also got to figure out why she's in hell and how she died, and then ultimately whether or not she wants to petition to go to heaven, to try and uncover some mistake that might have been made. So it's about an eleven-year old, a very optimistic, cheerful, pushy little girl who finds herself in hell.
-- Chuck Palahniuk


And this book is automatically added to my book list. So many books to read, so little time... *sigh*

No comments: