Pages

Friday, 11 October 2013

Mum

I love my mom.

I caught myself wishing I got her traits, character, personality, attitude... You know what I mean. I know I got most of who I am from my dad. Which isn't entirely a bad thing. I just hate how I overreact and get mad easily. And I know sa kanya ko yun "namana." From my dad.

So anyway. My mom's a great person. And I'm sure I'm not just saying this because she's my mother. All of my friends know that and they always say so upon meeting her. She has a pure heart and she loves us so much even if we, her kids, are somehow turning out to be evil. Kidding. But really. I admire how she could always keep up with us no matter how many times we fail her. She is always on and will take our side even if we don't even know which side we're on. Right or wrong, whatever. Did that even make sense?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that my mom has always been here for us through the good and bad times. (Even if sometimes she has no idea what's going on. Hehe.) Personally speaking, even if I was already giving up on myself she still has my back. She's just always present. In a good way, of course. I've been a huge disappointment and I caused her a lot of problems but I never ever felt like she hated me. I never ever doubted her love for us because it overwhelms us. It has no limit, really.

She's that great. And I love her so much for that. I'm blessed with many things but she's probably the greatest blessing of all... I mean, she is. And it's such an honor to grow up with her, under her guidance, with all her love and protection. I didn't know this when I was younger, but right now I'm really really proud that I'm her daughter. And nothing could ever change that.

I hope someday I could also make my Mama proud the way I am so very much proud of her.


No comments: